The prime aim of the Chellaston History Group is:

• To collect and record the history of the district.
• To keep in the Group’s archives documents, photographs, newspaper
           articles etc. which relate to the history of the district.
• To investigate and record the past history of the district.
• To publish material on various aspects of the district and its inhabitants.
• To hold meetings and arrange visits in furtherance to the above aims.
For more information about the history of The Rose and Crown,
go to the Publications page or
click on this link.
On our publications page is a link to
A Walk around Chellaston in 1935
or click on this link.

In August, September, October, November, January, February, March and April we
meet on the last Tuesday of the month at St Peter’s Church Hall, Chellaston at 19.30.

In December we have a social event for members only and in June and July we have
outdoor meetings.

Chellaston History Group initiated the Chellaston Oral History Project, the aim being
to record for future generations the memories of people who remember the village in
days gone by. The first book called Chellaston Voices is now out of print but we have
two other books, Chellaston Working Lives and Chellaston Working Lives 2 available.
These can be seen on our Publications page. They were produced mainly by two
members of the group, Mick and Carol Appleby, with help from other members and
of course the contributors.

Our membership is £8-00 per year (2018) and visitors are welcome to attend meetings for a small charge of £2.

Note, the History Group's emblem is the Chellaston Standing Angel (1419), made from alabaster, by Prentys and Sutton.
For more information and a larger picture, please click here
a

Home
   

Our next meeting is a
Walk round Findern
with John Hawkins
on 31st July 2018
Meet at St. Peter's Church Hall car park at 6:30pm.
  Fee £4 a head (inc refreshments)
Terrain flat - one gentle slope - distance 1 mile